Sunday, March 24, 2013

The {vegan-sushi-is-completely-pointless-but-so-tasty} Roll


The {vegan-sushi-is-completely-pointless-but-oh-so-forkin-tasty} Roll was created because I simply decided I couldn't live without sushi in my life any longer.  I was first introduced to sushi when I moved to Spokane, because Wenatchee was a little behind the times...and it was love at first bite!  My favorites when I was starting out were the tempura-battered ones, but soon my tastes grew.  Now, being vegan, fish is an off limit eatable, but the alternative, California rolls (among a few others), are so boring!  The Roll is my attempt at everything delicious about sushi: the vegan way.  Happy Rolling!

Roll Time...
The {vegan-sushi-is-completely-pointless-but-oh-so-forkin-tasty} Roll
Prep Time: 30-40 Minutes

Cooking Stuffs:
Rice
Dried Nori (Seaweed)
(1) Avocado
(1) Cucumber
(1) Carrot

Vegan Cream Cheese

On-the-side...
Spicy Sushi Sauce:
{Recipe: Here}

Wasabi Sauce:
2 Tablespoons of warm water
2 teaspoons wasabi powder (Mines from Huckleberry's)

Optional:
Horseradish Sauce {Recipe: Here}
Soy Sauce
Pickled Ginger
Sesame Seeds
Poppy Seeds

Other Supplies...
Sushi Mats (World Market!)
Chop Sticks (World Market!)
Small dishes for dipping sauces (World Market!)


Go Here for Instructions:  They have pictures!!! :D




























No comments:

Post a Comment