Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus (vegan)

I love cookies.  I mean, who doesn't?!  So when something semi-healthy and vegan comes along that's as easy as this recipe, I have to jump on board.  I've seen a variety of ways this recipe has been made floating around on Pinterest (found by my baking buddy Whitney!) and so far over the last few weeks (with few tweaks) have made it my own delicious guilty pleasure.

And I only feel slightly guilty :)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Fridge Time: 30 Minutes-1 hour until chilled, refrigerate when not in use

Cooking Stuffs:
1 Cup Chick Peas
1/3 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (Adams or whatever)
1/4 Cup (minimum) Agave Syrup or Rice Syrup
2 teaspoons Raw sugar
3 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Almond extract
1/2 Cup Carob Chips (vegan chocolate chips)

In your small cuisinart or a blender, blend the chickpeas until smooth.  Add the peanut butter, agave, sugar, almond extract, and vanilla and blend again until all the ingredients are mixed.  Stir in Carob chips, cover, & refrigerate.  Serve with veggies or teddy grahams (vegan!). 

Tip: Taste your hummus to make sure it's sweet enough to your liking.  If not, feel free to add a bit more agave!

Happy Snacking!

<3thehappyinsomniac

No comments:

Post a Comment