Friday, May 17, 2013

The Thing about 25... (craft)

The Thing about 25
(Beginner Level&CUTE!)

The thing about 25 is that something happened I didn't expect.

Everyone started having kids!  And not just 1...but 2...and 3!  

Whenever someone else makes another announcement, for some reason I get crafty.  There's something about babies, you just want to make something cute.  

I made one of these flag banners for my bestie Kelsey's, maternity photo shoot we did for fun with little Liam's name on it.  Now, I have a couple other friends with babies on the way, so I have began again!  

And the best part, they are so easy you can make them too :)  Not just for babies, but birthdays, kid's rooms, parties, etc.  Just pick your colors and go! :)

Supply List:
  • Similar design/shade Scrap booking paper
  • Hot glue gun/ replacement glue sticks
  • Crafting ribbon
  • Crafting scissors
  • Tape measure
  • Flag Stencil-or make your own out of a piece of cardboard

  1. Go prepared.  What colors do you need?  What shade?  Patterns?  I am notorious for finding the colors I want, going to Home Depot or Walmart and picking out the paint chip and carrying it around with me every time I go shopping for remodel supplies.  I've also had a few friends do this while planning their weddings.  It helps so I don't get home with the wrong color and have to make multiple trips.  Also, make sure you measure wherever you plan on putting your flags.  Factor in about 5-6 inches for tying room so you don't cut yourself short.  
  2. Pick your paper.  *Helpful Hint: Michael's Craft Store often runs sales on scrap booking paper 5 for $1.  It definitely will help your budget, and their variety is quite extensive.    
  3. Pick out your ribbon.  I usually pick a color that matches my color scheme and is a little subtle so it doesn't try to steal the show.  Any thickness will do, though anything less than 1/2" thick is a little more time consuming to glue.   
  4. Stencil.  I always make my own stencils.  Triangles are most popular, but others I've seen: half circles, squares, rectangles, etc.  Cut it out of a piece of cardboard and trace it onto the back of your scrap booking paper.  Cut them each out.  Keep the patterns of paper separated.  
  5. Put it together.  Glue a thin bead of hot glue at the top of your flag and press the ribbon into it.  Space them out however far apart you like.  Make sure the ribbon doesn't get twisted.  I usually alternate a solid color with a patterned flag.  
Good Luck&Happy Crafting!

With Love,
<3thehappyinsomniac

No comments:

Post a Comment